The Bayou Gardener Family
woodchip gardener

what's the weather like where you are?

I was watching the weather forecast this morning.  We are only due to get a bit of blow by rain from the impending hurricane.  My thoughts go out to the Florida folks.  They said it should be a 4 when it gets there.   Sending good thoughts to my cajuns that it swings north and does not get into the gulf. 

It was beautiful here this morning.  mid 60's.  It is going into the upper 80's from now until next week when we are due the rain.

• Like 3

it was lovely out here this morning when i went out to water my barrels.  it is supposed to get into the upper 80's today.   i have been watching the hurricane news.  even with the thing turning up the coast, we will not get much from it as of right now.  we are too far west into NC. 

Glad it was not bad in your area, Woodchip. My cousin in Fla did  fine but  have not heard from my cousin in Charleston.....maybe today.

how did your cousin in charleston fare after dorian?  we are supposed to get a slight chance of rain all weekend from that next tropical storm 9 thing.  we are still too far inland here, so we are not expecting much.

still hot here!  upper 80's and low 90's during the day and 60's at night.  we are finally supposed to get a chance of rain this weekend.  it has been clear and dry for a bit now.  while it is good that my lawn has not grown...it would be nice not to have to water my barrels for a day. 

Woodchip....just now seeing your question about Dorian. My cousin in Charleston "weathered" it  ok... no costly  damage or flooding.....thank heavens. Here in my  East Tn county we are pretty desperate for rain right now. Thankfully we got a brief shower early yesterday but nowhere near enough to make any difference in the drought conditions. Temps have not been that high (mid to upper 80's),but the air has felt so terribly dry for 2 weeks or so now . Think the shower helped a little,tho, yesterday. Not doing a Fall garden this year so no problems there. Hope we both get a good rain soon!

gonna be mid/upper 90's next 2 days with heat index 100+.  ug.  it is supposed to move through on friday and the weekend is supposed to be stunning with mid 70's and even down to 59 i think at night.  gonna try to get out this weekend and decorate for halloween.  that is if i can find my way to the back corner of the well house to find that bin...lol.

• Like 1

I live in southern Indiana. Our weather info comes out of Cincinnati. We have set a new record high every day for the last 6 days. On top of that, this is the longest stretch in history of days over 90* in the fall,  and the first was the hottest day ever recorded in October. 

Yesterday I recorded a high of 100* for the first time this year and for many years past. The official  rain fall since August has been .061" whereas here at the house I have recorded only .020  This has not been a good gardening year!

Wade

IMG_20191002_174407.jpg

It's been in the high 80's to 90's pretty much for the last month. Last night a cold front blew through. This time yesterday it was 84 degrees, today it's 54 degrees. There isn't a day in the 70s  in the forecast for the next week. Fall has finally arrived in KC! 

• Like 1

Hot dry and miserable.  Trees are dropping leaves grass is dying.  The bright side is I don't have to go outside and cut the grass in this heat.

Bob 

• Like 2

Bob Guidry

Retired Fire Fighter

Easleyville, LA

We are experiencing long pants, turtle neck shirts and Sweatshirt weather

• Like 1

21' X 48' High Tunnel

Knox, NY

Had a pleasant surprise yesterday afternoon.  A shower passed over us dropping  1.2" of rain. We really needed it, this is about the driest it has been here since I moved here. I think I lost 3 blueberry bushes, the lawn is brown on the high ends of the property and the trees are losing their leaves. I think yesterday was the first time the AC shut off in the daytime in over a month.

I checked my journal and Yesterday was the first measurable rain since July 14. 51 days

Thank you Jesus.
Bob

• Like 1

Bob Guidry

Retired Fire Fighter

Easleyville, LA

bob, i am  so glad you got rain!  it has not been that long here, but it has been a good bit since we had a slow steady rain.  we did get some yesterday morning for about 30 minutes.  between the rain and the cooler temps i didn't even water yesterday!

it was lovely here today.  high was about 70.  hub the little one and i were out early this morning to get some yard work done.  came in around 1pm for lunch and got so much done!  it is only supposed to be in the 70's here this week!  woo!

We finally got a tiny bit of rain this morning but more predicted for tonight....sure hope LOTS more. Much cooler outside .Even  just the overcast skies are very welcome.

The cool front came through lastnight and was supposed to leave us 1-2" of rain. I got maybe 2 tenths! That makes a whopping 4/10 since AUGUST!

Wade

we finally had a steady all day rain yesterday.  it was nice and in the mid/upper 70's here today.  It is supposed to be 49 tonight!  i might have to shut the windows tonight!

• Like 1

we had a cold front come through friday night into saturday.  it was ok out today and should be in the mid 60's tomorrow, but then another front is gonna make it in the 40s/low 50's here most of the week and at freezing or below at night.  i think winter is arriving! 

Currently it’s 46 degrees. Was a nice day with temp in upper 60’s. Another nice day forecast for tomorrow with high around 70. But winter arrives Tuesday. High predicted only 48 degrees. 

Wind a whooping and 39 degrees earlier this morning. It’s 10:00 now and temp has dropped to 37 degrees.