The Bayou Gardener Family
woodchip gardener

what's the weather like where you are?

It's already 81 degrees here this morning and the humidity couldn't possible get any higher. Very muggy but that's not the worst of it. We have been gifted Saharan Dust off the coast of Africa and its very difficult to breath when you are outside. I sure wish those Africans could keep their dust to themselves 😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Raining some here....and 80% everyday predicted for the next 5 days. Well, crud!!! Feast or famine here weatherwise!

• Like 1

We got a gully washer last night...read where it rained 2 inches in just the first 2 hours....and rained on from there. More to come today ,tonight, and tomorrow ...lots of flooding streets here and in Knoxville.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2010 National Champs said:

Hot, very humid. The last two days left me wasted by 11 am.  I have to drive a permanent ground rod for the fence and I plan on doing it first thing in the morning

Champs, 

I put a ground rod in at my gate since I ran power down there to it. I used a T post driver and drove it all the way that I could and finished it with a sledge after that. It was much easier than hammering all the way. Just a suggestion 😜

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Double B said:

T post driver

Way ahead of you!!! lol, I got the driver setting right beside the ground rod, in the shed. Ain't no way this old ass can swing a sledge enough to drive a rod. I did drive an 8 foot rod in the ground with a sledge, in my younger years. Too old, and with my wore out eyes, I have the rod looking like a corkscrew in no time

• Like 3

15 hours ago, 2010 National Champs said:

Way ahead of you!!! lol, I got the driver setting right beside the ground rod, in the shed. Ain't no way this old ass can swing a sledge enough to drive a rod. I did drive an 8 foot rod in the ground with a sledge, in my younger years. Too old, and with my wore out eyes, I have the rod looking like a corkscrew in no time

It was so easy to drive the rod into the saturated ground. I hit 3 times with the post driver and just tapped it down with the sledge. About 6 inches sticking out of the ground on a 6 foot rod. Thats how wet the ground is

• Like 1

Rained 3 x yesterday with one of those being about 2 hours  at dusk with thunder and lightening. Hot and humid .

13 minutes ago, bordercollie said:

Rained 3 x yesterday with one of those being about 2 hours  at dusk with thunder and lightening. Hot and humid .

Its like that every day here

It would be nice to have a  non drought this year- Our cows are fat and fine with so much grass, but my tomatoes are getting out of hand and running out of folks to give to..