Bayou Gardener Family

what's the weather like where you are?

3 hours ago, MikeM said:

We are southwest of you and got that same 1" and same temperature this morning.  Beautiful sky though and the first time in weeks (thankfully) that there isn't a lot of wind today.  I looked at some pictures and we got about the same amount on the 10th of December last year.  That was the only snow we had last winter but several years ago we got 4" or so and all of the neighbor children were sledding down the hill in the picture.

Snow 1 Dec 2020.JPG

Mike M , we have not cleared up yet....but no more snow. Tomorrow is  supposed to be sunny and beautiful ..with a high of 45. I have saved all my running around/errands for then🌝

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Maggie13 said:

i-cpNZQX7-M.jpg

We are in the yellow area and already have 27 Inches on the ground so today I will be doing a lot of this t118019.gif

OMGOSH!!!!!   I  don't mind a little snow around Christmas, but that  would make me act like a Scrooge!😮

• Haha 2

Thanks BC! They are a challenge to train. Can't let your guard down for a second or they will be training you!  Just had a training moment bringing Gabe in from a potty trip. He rebelled against "load up" to his night cage! But they are fun!

Wade

• Like 2

They are so loving too. I told Dixie not to get on my seat on the Roxor and the second time  to tell her was all it took. I tell her to walk beside me and same thing - although it just kills her  to walk so slow . She seems to say "mama  ohhh please let me go ahead" and steps on my foot. 😉 

• Like 2
On 12/17/2020 at 4:31 PM, 1shotwade said:

Lucky you! More than I want to deal with! Border Collies are smart enough so my question is, have you trained him in snow removal?LOL! Here's a recent of my pup! 12 weeks?

Wade

IMG_20201214_150859.jpg

A lady was walking one exactly  like  this in front of my yard. She had NO CONTROL of the pup who had been spayed the day before but was hugely rambunctious....6 months old. I was walking down the driveway to get my mail and stopped to talk to her and play with the darling pup. She was trying to control (had heard her coming down the street) by meekly requesting that the dog behave.. in a sweet little whiney voice....ha, NOT going to work with any herding shepherd!!!! I see great problems ahead....she lives alone so no husband or anyone  to help her train. I trained all my rambunctious doggies over the years...meekly requesting does NOT work!!! I told her to at the very least just say NO in a loud and very authoritative voice. She was so soft spoken, I don't know if she could even accomplish that. Wrong dog for the wrong owner!!!😮

• Like 1

Yeap! Agreed! That sounds like a problem in the making! It is true what they say, "If you don't take authority as the dominate personallity, they will!"!  BCs are one of the hardest breeds to train in that reguard but they make up for it with theire intelligence! 

Wade

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Tomorrow the high temp will be 77. Things have dried up here and I was so tempted today to hook up the tiller behind the tractor. 

I looked at the ten day forecast and a week from Friday it shows 40 for a high and 28 for a low. It’s just not worth the chance.  I guess I’ll just have to not “jump the gun”.

If it will dry back up after these next couple of fronts, I’ll put down some fertilizer and plant some corn. C’mon spring 

• Like 3

Lovely 24 degrees with feels like of 4 degrees, blizzard conditions. Only 2-3 inches of snow but these 40 mph winds are making for white out conditions and drifts across roads.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

28 degrees here earlier this morning. Looking like a nice day though. High around 70 degrees. Normally I’d be getting garden ready but so far I’m sticking to my plan of letting it lay this year. Just a few tomato and peppers.

• Like 3

Paw Paw,

Thats the same way I felt the other day. It’s was so nice and I had the itch so bad to till and plant. Tomato plants are showing up at some of the feed stores and I know we are at least three weeks away from sensibly planting but I long for spring!

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Double B said:

Paw Paw,

Thats the same way I felt the other day. It’s was so nice and I had the itch so bad to till and plant. Tomato plants are showing up at some of the feed stores and I know we are at least three weeks away from sensibly planting but I long for spring!

Planting is too long off for me to even dream about it. Ha, have learned from many past temptations of warm snaps. Won't plant anything til May 7th or so....unless I decide to throw in some lettuce this yr.

• Like 2

I understand what you mean Rabbitproof. Our situation is different because it gets hot so fast that tomato time will end in early July and won’t start back until late September. We must get our green beans, tomatoes and things like that planted early and harvested early or the heat wins. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Double B said:

Our situation is different because it gets hot so fast that tomato time will end in early July

Hahaha unless we plant in the greenhouse and run a heater, we don't get a ripe tomato until July!

• Like 4

But it's a dry cold.

I should not have talked about starting seeds. Works every time

.cold1.png

• Like 2
Disclaimer: All photographs uploaded here were taken for my own use. You do not see any weeds. It is your imagination.

Heck, I am "FREEZING" up in here!! No heat since yesterday at 2pm. I am NOT a cold loving person! Well, the heating guy took awhile to sniff out the problem yesterday....ended up being a gas valve(???)...think that is what I heard him tell Bobby. Well, naturally did not have one on his truck so will get one today and be here around 5pm. or so....says he is booked solid today. It was 26 outside when I went to bed and 65 in the house. It got down to 24 outside last night, and when I got up it was 60 in the house.. figures with no heat from early afternoon the day before. I did not even need any covers tho when sleeping except the sheet, and I threw a paper thin cotton robe just over my shoulders...my legs always burn up if any covers ....actually for some reason I mostly always burn up at night starting every night at exactly 10pm...ha,go figure .  Been that way for 20 yrs... like clockwork at 10pm I start getting a little too warm,especially my legs but overall too..  It has now dropped to 58 inside except 2 rooms on the north end are 56 degrees. I have on 3 layers of clothes, my wool socks, but my hands are cold...ha, especially the right one for some reason.😮  I ate a huge bowl of hot buttered grits for lunch...I do think I am warming up now...Yay!! Temp outside finally has made it into the 40's....42 right now. I have great empathy now for the elderly who cannot pay their utility bills and keep the heat so low. Our stupid country needs to stop all payments to the illegals who sneak in and  need to give those billions  to American citizens who worked all their life and are having to eventually live just on SS.😠      Thank God not my case...yet!  Under Biden and the Dems that may change for many.

• Thanks 1