Bayou Gardener Family

marsh kayak fishing

The wife and I decided to get away from it all on Saturday and take our yaks to the marsh and give the redfish a shot.

When we woke up at 4:00 she looked at the radar and decided she'd rather sleep in than get the wet ass, so I went on without her.

As luck would have it, it never rained on me until I was in the truck on the way home.  The fish decided to cooperate for once.  It was a great day.

420191.jpg

420192.jpg

420193.jpg

420194.jpg

• Like 11

I like fishing from kayaks. What I don’t like is it got to every time I went out , I would see at least one alligator. Once I see a gator, the fun is over. My son keeps both my kayaks at his house now. He fishes a lot out of them. 

• Like 1
On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2020 at 12:38 PM, Fred said:

That looks really good.  Those are the perfect size for eating aren't they?

Yep, those are like 22-24 inch fish which make fantastic grilling fish.   Once they hit 27" or so, I release them, they aren't nearly as good to eat once they get big. 

Every once in a while I'll keep a bigger one to make courtbouillon, but not often.

• Like 1