The Bayou Gardener Family
Fred

Free online garden course from LSU Ag Center

I signed up for it. Will be interesting if they allow me to do it since I live in Montana. Should be fun.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: All photographs uploaded here were taken for my own use. You do not see any weeds. It is your imagination.

I noticed when you register it lets you choose your state so it must not be a problem.

• Like 1

I'll let you know.

Thanks for the link.

Disclaimer: All photographs uploaded here were taken for my own use. You do not see any weeds. It is your imagination.

I went ahead with signing up too.  Nothing to lose so might as well.

OK, so I signed up for this also. Problem being, I have never done anything like this before. So, anybody know how this works? I mean, do they email you info or an access code to another site or what? I don't understand how you participate. Any info would be nice.

Thanks,

Wade

Posted (edited)

From the link:   A link to the online classroom will be emailed out to registered students on June 5th

Edited by Fred

Guess I overlooked that! Thanks Fred!

Wade

5 hours ago, 1shotwade said:

Guess I overlooked that! Thanks Fred!

Wade

You can remind me. Lol

@Fred

Email I received today says they were expecting 300 signups, and got 24,000.

Back to school.  Never too old to learn they say.  😉

• Like 1

I took the pretest, but am not sure how they know it was me. I never had to log in to the system, nor were there any id's in the links?????

I did only miss 2 though.

• Like 3

I think the preteset was to gauge how knowledgeable people are, probably to improve the class. Surprised by the question on  the insecticide and glyphosate. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, MPHymel said:

I think the preteset was to gauge how knowledgeable people are, probably to improve the class. Surprised by the question on  the insecticide and glyphosate. 

There were a few questions that seemed a little advanced for the average home gardener. Will be interesting to see how many actually get all the way through it.

I do not have a facebook account, but signed up for one just to get into the group. Facebook have already locked my account for not following their standards.

All I did was sign up and request to join the group. Now they want my phone number and a photo of me to unlock it. Still waiting.

Think of something that you really, really despise. Times it by an order of magnitude or two, that is how much I like social media.

Edited by BigSkyGardener
Lack of typing ability
  • Like 4

This link in module 2 does not work for me. Gives a 404 error.

I am not posting the actual link since this is a public forum.

"Home Lab 2 Testing Your Soils Drainage Activity docx"

That is why I wanted to join the group. To let them know.

6 hours ago, BigSkyGardener said:

There were a few questions that seemed a little advanced for the average home gardener. Will be interesting to see how many actually get all the way through it.

I do not have a facebook account, but signed up for one just to get into the group. Facebook have already locked my account for not following their standards.

All I did was sign up and request to join the group. Now they want my phone number and a photo of me to unlock it. Still waiting.

Think of something that you really, really despise. Times it by an order of magnitude or two, that is how much I like social media.

....what he said....👍

I actually made an account years ago, and mainly visit a the group from back home which is all about cajun cooking. but I cant stand the social media bias,  the fake news, the data mining, and the fact that it's all such a big part of the young crowd.  I wont put the app on my phone, though, I draw the line there.

• Like 2

i made a 75 on the pre-test.  Have to do my soil test assignment.

That first module was pretty boring.  Good thing you can review the slides.  Don't eat dinner first...

• Like 2

Made 90 on my pretest. These people are overwhelmed by the response they got to this program. I will have patience for them to solve the logistical problems they face from the over whelming response they got.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Davidx357 said:

Made 90 on my pretest. These people are overwhelmed by the response they got to this program. I will have patience for them to solve the logistical problems they face from the over whelming response they got.

I had an amusing thought(amusing?).... maybe the overwhelming response was all the Washington state people signing up, since the mayor of Seattle put a message  out for people to please grow  home gardens and give the food to the anarchists in the CHAZ autonomous zone!!! Seems they are getting hard up for food(and much else,too) ....LOL!!  When I read that in the  news, I said how can people get so unbelievably stupid.... destroy everything and then wonder why you have nothing!!. Then say you want your own zone where you make your own rules and where no one else can come in but forget you need everyone else to survive!! They showed 2 people trying to garden now ...oh, what a pitiful site. Worse looking plants...think they skipped the manual on how one needs to  water, as the plants were all limp and bending over. ...that is, the few piddlin plants they stuck in there harem scarem. Yes, Dummies, , just jump in there out of the blue and say you will now grow your own food...yeah, right!!! It is amazing to me how terribly ignorant so many of Americans have become....makes it very easy for manipulation and downright brain washing of such people, for sure. Are we really in the USA?...I feel like we have been transported to the Twilight Zone! I read yesterday the CHAZ area tough guys now say ,"Oh, we don't want to secede"....really? Did a little hunger make you change your mind....maybe a lack of TP, too? Boy...so tough that they cave at the end of a week without the everyone they want to keep out? They need to be laughed out of the country....the old America would do so. Well, the old America would never have allowed this to happen to begin with!! First their water/sewer/electrical supply would have been cut off...they would have lasted 2 days, if that. I want my old country back!! Ha, sorry...I hijacked the topic. Just had a funny thought that  maybe the Seattle/Washington folks were signing up for the course en masse out of sheer desperation, as they see their tough guys crumbling!!!

• Like 3

Chaz Garden (@ChazGardenLives) | Twitter  This is a picture of the CHAZ garden.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Davidx357 said:

Sad

Actually, my first reaction was to laugh.   Such stupid,stupid people...it just amazes me! . Of course, we have "imported" only the best and the brightest (HA!) from other countries, have we not, and  then showered them with "free stuff" off the backs of hardworking, law abiding taxpayers. The results are so apparent!!

• Like 3