The Bayou Gardener Family
Cajun Hydroponics

Strom rolling in. Out in the gulf of mexico

musique29.gifWe just got in the truck to head home when the sky opened up It was a gully washer!

That looks like you were in for some nasty weather.

21' X 48' High Tunnel

Knox, NY

51 minutes ago, Cajun Hydroponics said:

Was out in the gulf today and some storm bands started rolling in to the coast!

Y'all hang in there....looks like rough weather, for sure. 

I just saw the weather at 5:00 pm and they are now forecasting the storm center to hit south of us somewhere around Corpus Christi. The rain bands will certainly hit most all of us on the Gulf Coast and probably give us winds in the 35-45 mph range but the good news is that there is very little chance of it stalling. We have historically had rains up to thirty inches over a few days from storms that stall and that spells nothing but trouble.

Thanks for posting the video Danny. It looks like it has a lot more punch out there in the warm gulf waters. Stay safe!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Double B said:

I just saw the weather at 5:00 pm and they are now forecasting the storm center to hit south of us somewhere around Corpus Christi. The rain bands will certainly hit most all of us on the Gulf Coast and probably give us winds in the 35-45 mph range but the good news is that there is very little chance of it stalling. We have historically had rains up to thirty inches over a few days from storms that stall and that spells nothing but trouble.

Thanks for posting the video Danny. It looks like it has a lot more punch out there in the warm gulf waters. Stay safe!

It ended up being nothing more than show. Witch we are thankful for. 

I hope and pray that it just falls apart. No one needs that trouble with flooding. Already enough crap going on in the world. 

The issues at my place seems to be the drainage. Lafayette basically drains through my town and the ones next to it. So we end up wigh flooding the day after the rain stops. For Rita the storm surge got us with a direct hit. Then high tide along with the towns from the north draining and it was bad. 

In 16 we had a summer storm that just sat and dumped water on lafayette. Ended up with 27 inches of water in my garage. I was stuck offshore for 10 days. With the wife and a 9 month old at home. 

Her being from Ohio had never experienced anything like that. 

Living on the gulf coast is amazing but the issues are starting to mount! 

Hope yall make it through with no issues

• Like 2