The Bayou Gardener Family
Cajun Hydroponics

Avacado trees

So I ordered some cold weather avacado trees and yesterday they finally arrived. 

Looking forward to watching them grow and hopefully get some fruit. 

This variety is supposed to grow well in large containers. And I have 2 of the perfect ones for the job. 

received-511093466102363.jpg

• Like 2

Those are beautiful trees. I hope they grow well for you. Where did you order them from?

Cajun, how big of a container are you going to use?  I went to the website you posted and it appears that the cold hardy variety can be grown in the ground where I am which is not very far from where you are. Might give that a try.

On 3/21/2020 at 10:16 AM, T-Boy said:

Cajun, how big of a container are you going to use?  I went to the website you posted and it appears that the cold hardy variety can be grown in the ground where I am which is not very far from where you are. Might give that a try.

Sorry Tboy I never got a notification that you had asked this question. 

I will be using 25 gallon lick tubs. I am using the tubs so I can move them in the GH during the winter time. 

I had them in the house this winter and seem to have lost 1. Bit I did purchase the warranty. So I have already sent the email. 

They have alot of free stuff they are giving away everyday on that site. It's getting frustrating all the emails they send. Glad I used my spam email for them!! Lol

• Like 1

Here's my 2 cents.

If you do plant them in the ground,  put them on a high spot.  They don't like wet feet. 

I've tried twice and failed.  Nice lookin trees.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Boudin said:

They don't like wet feet. 

May have to rethink planting avocados.  The place where I can plant them is definitely clay soil.