The Bayou Gardener Family
Cajun Hydroponics

Greenhouse build in town

Trying to get some work done today before the rain starts. 

Finally getting some hoops up in the front! 

Instead of the 4 i will go with 2 to reduce the amount of work and cost to not gain but about 200 Sq foot more. 

Anyway it's a job putting the hoops together alone and hanging them but man it feels so good to be so excited about it! 

20191122-120453.jpg

20191122-113339.jpg

Boy, those hoops would make a comedy act out  of any efforts of mine!!   How in the world did you do alone?  Does that creek rise very often? Looks like your home  is built ready for it, but what about your greenhouse?

3 hours ago, Rabbitproof said:

Boy, those hoops would make a comedy act out  of any efforts of mine!!   How in the world did you do alone?  Does that creek rise very often? Looks like your home  is built ready for it, but what about your greenhouse?

Rabbit around here we call it a coulee. But creek everywhere else lol. 

It's not often that it gets very high over the banks. For hurricane Barry it came up and we had about 10 inches of water in the garage. 

Were ready for it and understand what to expect so there was no harm. Besides some wet wood. 

About 3 years ago we had a storm that dropped alot of water on and all around us. We had 21 inches of water in the garage. 

That's the most water I have seen here. Even with the 21 inches in the garage I still have about 6 inches to go before it would get in the Greenhouse in the front. Now the ones in the back... they will get water at some point. That's why I am doing the lettuce back there. Everything is elevated. 

The house is 6 feet off the ground. And 3.5 feet higher than the floor of the GH. If I ever get water that high we will have more problems to worry about than where to sleep for a few months. It's all part of living in this part of the country. Every place has its downfalls. 

Oh and I am feeling the up and downs today.. lol I ain't 20 no more for sho! 

I have a stinger that I made for the front of the tractor. 

I tried the hoops to it then lifted the bucket. Put the pipes in. Then stood the ladder and untied the rope. Put the ladder back down. Then redid again 13 times! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bordercollie said:

Thank you !!    Your posts makes this look very encouraging so I'm going to try again. 🙂 

Bordercollie it's super easy. 

I started working yesterday and didn't get to the video. Hopefully after the soccer games I can get in there and do it for you. 

If you follow the instructions that both rajun does on the link I provided or the way Mr CB does it are both proper ways to do it. Mr CB just dials it in a little bit more for the plants hes growing. 

Neither of them do the runs so i will show that in the video but the fertilizer i use is the same as the men above. 

• Like 1

Looks great Bobcat ( Oh sorry I mean Looks great Cajun Hydroponics) ! wink15.gif

Edited by Maggie13
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

21' X 48' High Tunnel

Knox, NY

On 11/23/2019 at 8:37 AM, bordercollie said:

Thank you !!    Your posts makes this look very encouraging so I'm going to try again. 🙂 

Here's a quick walkthrough of how the system goes. 

I want to do something more detailed but just been crazy around here with sick kids and trying to find a few minutes to work on the GH. 

Should have the strawberry wall completed tomorrow... lol if I can get an hour or so to myself. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, bordercollie said:

THANK YOU !!!

Your more than welcome. 

Hope to have the strawberry wall going this afternoon. If I do I will add the video to here also. 

Again any questions please feel free to ask

• Like 2

Still getting some work done. Not as much as I would like as I am feeling not in top flight shape. But work is getting done none the less. 

Got the center beams in to stabilize the GHs and the pole cut and holes dug for each of the end walls. Hoping to have the end wall pipes in tomorrow and maybe some wood ad wiggle channel to be ready to put plastic. 

20191130-163313.jpg
20191130-163259.jpg
upload images

_cheerleader.gifI am very happy to see you got to spend some time working on the greenhouse!

I am sorry to hear you are feeling under the weather! 

prayer-hands-smiley-emoticon%201.gif on there way in hopes you feel better soon,

21' X 48' High Tunnel

Knox, NY

23 minutes ago, Maggie13 said:

_cheerleader.gifI am very happy to see you got to spend some time working on the greenhouse!

I am sorry to hear you are feeling under the weather! 

prayer-hands-smiley-emoticon%201.gif on there way in hopes you feel better soon,

Thank you for the prayers Maggie! 

I actually am doing better than the rest of my crew. They all had the flu. 

I am more dealing with sinus.

Getting ready to get some progress made ! Weather is very nice right now! 

Watch out for the flu...it is a bad one this year. A 40 yr old healthy nurse  here was put on life support for the flu....barely survived!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rabbitproof said:

Watch out for the flu...it is a bad one this year. A 40 yr old healthy nurse  here was put on life support for the flu....barely survived!

Thank you Rabbit. I sure will.

Were told first sign of fever to go to the DR. 

I dont get over things like i did even just a few years back so I dont play with it! 

I go to the dr now. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rajun Gardener said:

It's getting closer!!!

It is Rob. But damm got alot of crap going on the next 2 times I am in. 

But slow and sure. Not planting before they are built and ready!

• Like 1