Bayou Gardener Family

I have slowly begun the maintenance on my tiller and mower. I changed the fuel filter as well as the oil and filter on my zero turn mower today. I got a new bench grinder for Christmas and will mount it in my work bench and sharpen the three blades this week. 
I changed the oil on my Honda walk behind tiller too. 

I am seeing a lot of Robbins around my place. Maybe that’s a sign of an early spring. While I was mowing this afternoon I noticed the mallards have returned to our pond where they hatched their ducklings last year.  C’mon spring!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, come on spring, but the winter fishing sure has been good.   

But you are right, it's time to start maintenance on things.   Zero turn will be first for oil change, greasing and sharpening.  Tractor greasing next and who knows whats after that.

and to once again quote Double B.........C'mon Spring

• Like 3
10 hours ago, Double B said:

I have slowly begun the maintenance on my tiller and mower. I changed the fuel filter as well as the oil and filter on my zero turn mower today. I got a new bench grinder for Christmas and will mount it in my work bench and sharpen the three blades this week. 

I am seeing a lot of Robbins around my place. Maybe that’s a sign of an early spring. While I was mowing this afternoon I noticed the mallards have returned to our pond where they hatched their ducklings last year.  C’mon spring!!

People around here are reporting INVASIONS of Robins. I always ask if they  mean Starlings  that we see for  short while each year...but they all say it is Robins. One guy counted 61 robins just  in his front yard alone. He said the backyard was full,too. He said it reminded him of Hitchcocks, "The Birds". No one  here has ever seen a robin invasion before...weird. Hope they don't come to my yard!

Guest bigboberta
11 hours ago, Double B said:

When I was young I can remember robins in droves landing in the park by my house.  We would go hunt them with our BB Guns when we went to my aunt and uncle's house in the country. You still see robins following the fronts but nothing like back then.

Edited by bigboberta
Guest bigboberta

Ate many of them ande scores of blackbirds.  The Robin was illegal to kill, but the Blackbird was open season.  It was a staple food for many back then.  Blackbird Jambalaya, hmmmm.

I'm getting a false sense of security about this weather. It has been way too nice. I think end of February through 2 weeks of March are going to be terrible.

You can keep all of those birds. They eat my bean plants every year. Hard enough keeping the Pheasants out. Interesting enough I live in a bird flyway or whatever it is called, and have 25-50 thousand ducks and/or geese at a time in the fields around my house. They have never come onto the property, even if no one is home. No sign of it anyway.

Going to pay a guy to service all my equipment this year. I am too busy. Going to give him credit towards buying vegetables from me. I give him a large discount also. Bartering is good. If you know what I mean.

• Like 2
Disclaimer: All photographs uploaded here were taken for my own use. You do not see any weeds. It is your imagination.