The Bayou Gardener Family
bordercollie

Taurus Judge

I posted this question on the other forum and thought I'd also post here since it seems the migration over is going well. 

Does anyone one own a Taurus Judge ? I'm considering one for carry when traveling/protection  and for working on the farm (snakes) .  I like the fact that it will shoot 410  shells made for the handgun and also 45's.  I'm curious how bad the kick is with the 410s and the barrel length  you have as well. (I carry 50 lb bags of minerals etc so can tolerate some kick) )  The shorter barrel in order to carry easily and price is a factor also.  Stainless steel ? or other  Thank you . judy                               would also consider the "public defender"  

Judy, I have quail hunted with a 410 pistol and there isn't enough recoil to mention. The judge is a bulky pistol. Hard to conceal and i suspect to get comfortable on your body. If you could find something smaller it would be nice.  I think a derringer may suit your needs.One barrel with birdshot for snakes and the other with 45 lc. Or for the street, 410 oo buck in combination.

I really like the COP 4 barrel derringer but don't think you can get it in 45lc. Only 357 mag the last I looked.

I just googled this to look at. I'll see if i could find another i like.

Wade

https://www.google.com/search?q=410+derringer+for+self+defense&oq=410+derrin&aqs=chrome.4.0j69i57j0l4.20902j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ACYBGNRMMGFH6YdShcUEDxKacnC21bLoLQ%3A1571839246953&ei=Dl2wXaXyOZG6tgWj57_QDQ&q=COP+4+barrel+derringer&oq=COP+4+barrel+derringer&gs_l=psy-ab.12...28047.55384..58957...0.0..0.168.2862.1j22......0....1..gws-wiz.......35i39j0i67j0i131j0j0i20i263j0i10j0i22i30j0i13j0i8i13i30j33i22i10i29i30j33i299j33i160j33i10i160.KEX9s3QM4Cc&ved=0ahUKEwilsdW_xbLlAhURna0KHaPzD9oQ4dUDCAs

Thank you  Wade . I'll sure look at that.  I need to buy  after Nov because my yearly  bills always come due this time of year.  But gathering information is sure a good thing.   

• Like 1