Bayou Gardener Family

We had 7 baby peacocks hatch !!!   Edit- not sure why the picture is upside down..  my apologies for that ,  but they are very cute !!

KIMG0258 peacocks.JPG

• Like 7
Posted (edited)

Haha.  Thank ya'lll !!!!!  The first day I saw them there were only 3 next day 7 !!  One was weak and evidently had just hatched (wet) and was just laying there so I thought it was gone. I picked it up and it managed a peep. It was cold though so I gathered it in my hands and gently blew on it with my  mouth wide open and  cuddled it in my hands- brought it in the house and onto the cat heating pad, and clean towel .  ( minus cat) 😉 Got it warm and it started waking up managed with Sis's help to get a mealworm down the hatch. It perked up and that afternoon took it to its mama - Now can't tell the difference.  🙂  I do have one that is "sprattle" legged but getting better. It was left behind that morning too - also weak_ so I brought it in with the cold one and  its walking better... too but  will probably be a juju baby pet  if it keeps growing.

I put Big Daddy on the other side of the secure cotton trailer and he is separate from them by a hardware cloth door. Was concerned that he might be aggressive  or whop them with that massive tail. 

Our internet has been down for days until noon today,  I could hardly wait to show yall these sweet things. 

Edited by bordercollie
  • Like 3

They are super cute, Judy. Thanks for sharing this story and video with us and I am looking forward to future updates on their progress.

• Like 2

Thank you Double B.    They are  precious aren't they. They have brought  much joy  to our hearts. 🙂 Oh the simple things of life. 🙂 

• Like 3

They are adorable Judy!

On 5/17/2021 at 7:51 PM, bordercollie said:

It was cold though so I gathered it in my hands and gently blew on it with my  mouth wide open and  cuddled it in my hands- brought it in the house and onto the cat heating pad, and clean towel .  ( minus cat) 😉 Got it warm and it started waking up managed with Sis's help to get a mealworm down the hatch. It perked up and that afternoon took it to its mama - Now can't tell the difference.  🙂  I do have one that is "sprattle" legged but getting better. It was left behind that morning too - also weak_ so I brought it in with the cold one and  its walking better... too but  will probably be a juju baby pet  if it keeps growing.

This is so you!

Mothering all creatures big or small 

_cheerleader-S.gif

• Like 3

21' X 48' High Tunnel

Knox, NY

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

I have one more minute video of them.   I noticed yesterday, one was getting a little topknot !!   edited :   

Edited by bordercollie
  • Like 3
Posted (edited)

uhoh  .. I'll check on this . Thanks !!                                        I edited the link in the original post Rabbit , 🙂  I fixed it I think, Could you edit the link  that I messed up in your quote?   .   Thank you again !!   

Edited by bordercollie
  • Like 1