The Bayou Gardener Family
ol hippie

Garden pictures

That's very nice @ol hippie

Now I have to compete with that?

Disclaimer: All photographs uploaded here were taken for my own use. You do not see any weeds. It is your imagination.

I'm afraid you have a severe shortage of weeds in your garden. If you'd like to remedy that, all I need do is walk by the rows and they will sprout profusely in a short period of time. It's my "special power" lol.

Shane

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I was going to ask how much it costs you to have someone clean out all those weeds before you take the pictures?

Can they travel?

Disclaimer: All photographs uploaded here were taken for my own use. You do not see any weeds. It is your imagination.

Not much help to be found around here anymore. Most of these young folks will run if you mention garden. I’m it for gardening around here. Farming but no gardening. 

Here’s one Big Sky I scrounged up. A row of late peas from last year.

1B7D266A-CF52-4897-BFCA-2C9F97F423DB.jpeg

• Like 2

That's more like it. Now I can post this.

rows1.jpg

• Like 4

Wow, David.....they are beyond "starting" to grow.....looks great!

Man, am I behind.....

Nice looking garden there, Mr. David.

I'm jealous. I too am so behind. The plants in the cups are starting to flower. Not good. @Davidx357 Nice clean garden tho. Looks great.

:worried_80_anim_gif:

I agree with everyone David your garden looks great!

21' X 48' High Tunnel

Knox, NY

3 hours ago, Hippie Willie said:

I'm jealous. I too am so behind. The plants in the cups are starting to flower. Not good. @Davidx357 Nice clean garden tho. Looks great.

:worried_80_anim_gif:

I know it's hard, but you have to pinch the flowers off. They shouldn't get blooms until after you transplant them. It will stunt their growth.

@Davidx357 That looks nice.

I was working in my greenhouse building some shelves, and it started blizzarding. Supposed to get down to -16 Saturday night, so I have a while still before I can really get started.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

The tomatoes on the front right made it thru the winter, and some of the pepper bushes in the second row also made it.  I want to see how the produce from them comes out.

Edited by Davidx357
  • Like 3

David, your garden looks great, and over winter tomatoes and peppers are certainly impressive. I look forward to a produce count on them too.

Here's my seedlings.    The voids are obviously the peppers lagging behind and a few Arkansas Travelers that are from 5 year old seed.

I started my seeds about a week and a half ago.    My tomatoes will have to go to cups and out in the greenhouse as I won't be able to keep them out of the lights by next week.

IMG_2729.JPG

thumbnail (34).jpeg

• Like 3

@ccat Looking great. I'm going to start about 50 Bella Rosa seeds tonight. Bella Rosa is my all time favorite and most productive tomato plant I've ever planted.

• Like 1

I planted about 20 Bella Rosa last year.   Yep, they were really good.    Good luck Hippie

19 hours ago, Hippie Willie said:

@ccat Looking great. I'm going to start about 50 Bella Rosa seeds tonight. Bella Rosa is my all time favorite and most productive tomato plant I've ever planted.

You know, I believe Bella Rosa is the tomato a neighbor recommended one year to me. I had already planted my garden at the time....I may have to try these. Will also give her a call and ask. She is not someone that I know other than just in passing....hope she still lives in the neighborhood and I can reach her on our neighborhood forum. She had offered to give me some transplants she had grown, but I had no room for them at the time.

Took this picture of the brand wines this morning. Got them out on the deck today. 

044FCA06-600D-4707-A33B-64CF1C973551.jpeg

Posted (edited)

I'm so late this year but I gotta keep going.  I even started some okra seed today! Too Early?

100_5865.JPG

100_5867.JPG

100_5869.JPG

100_5870.JPG

100_5871.JPG

100_5885.JPG

100_5886.JPG

100_5887.JPG

Edited by Rajun Gardener
  • Like 2

Man RG all your stuff looks great.  Wonder if growing tomatoes in a soy sauce bucket makes them count as Asian food.... lol

• Haha 1