The Bayou Gardener Family
ol hippie

Container gardening

I wouldn’t need to double stack cages that way. Here’s picture I took today with one slid over container. But I would have to wire ty another cage on top to be tall enough. This ain’t a good picture but maybe can see the cage.

A95FDC6A-B4F0-4AB6-A02F-09A35D2D4B16.jpeg

I couldn’t have camouflaged that cage around the container any better if I had tried.

• Haha 1

hey hippie. if you line your tomato containers up in a line you can put 1 of those plastic posts into the actual ground at each end.  then you can use them to do a florida weave to support your tomato plants. 

• Like 1

That’s a thought. I use the Florida weave on peppers but always used cages with tomatoes. 

I got 6-8 buckets out of shed that I used to put shelled corn in. Think I’m gonna use a couple of them. That will give me 6 containers total. I better not go overboard til I see how I do with containers. I know I got to figure a simple way to anchor the 5 gallon buckets though.

hippie..i would just put a brick in the bottom before you fill them.  that will hold them down.  between that and the dirt, they should not go over as long as they have a cage or you support them with the weave.  if you are looking for external support, do you have any rebar or t posts you can put into the ground next to them to tie them off to?  don't have to be tall, just as extra support.

T posts may be the way to go. I’ve got plenty of them. When this rain stops, I’ll do a dry run with a couple buckets.