The Bayou Gardener Family
Double B

Dixie Lee Butterpeas

I grew a row of the red ones and a row of the white ones last year. The white ones are our new favorites. Where do you buy yours? I would like to buy a couple of pounds to plant this spring. Is there a reliable source for them?

Not sure where to get the seeds but I'm interested in these dixie lee butterpeas.  I would like to do more green beans and English peas next spring and field peas later.  Need more in the freezer.  Only have field peas right now.  Wonder how they would sell?

Edited by Jimmiec
Edit

I think it would depend on where you live. If folks know about them, they would sell like hot cakes. If they don't, probably not so much. 

I found some seed at Park Seeds and ordered a couple of pounds. Hopefully one day it will dry up and I can plant a few hundred feet of them. 

I'm able to get them local here in as bush peas. On the other forum someone said they grew pole butter peas but I haven't been able to find them anywhere.

Bob Guidry

Retired Fire Fighter

Easleyville, LA

One or two of our local co-ops or feed and seed stores has them most years.Not every year like they used to. Always been the white ones. I don’t remember ever seeing any red butter peas or pole butter peas. 

On 11/14/2019 at 7:18 AM, Double B said:

I grew a row of the red ones and a row of the white ones last year. The white ones are our new favorites. Where do you buy yours? I would like to buy a couple of pounds to plant this spring. Is there a reliable source for them?

Hello Double B,

Not sure if these are the correct ones but I got mine here . White peas. I didn't grow many, but they were good. I will grow more next year.

Morgan County Seeds

Edited by BigSkyGardener
Link not right. Still getting the hang of this board.