The Bayou Gardener Family
ccat

Thanksgiving Meal.

Thought it would be cool to see how much "we" are going to be eating that came from our gardens.

We are opting for a Ham and no turkey this year, but a lot of the fixens will come from our garden.

Corn, fried okra, green beans, purple hull peas, boiled potatoes (still have a bunch from digging them back in June)

We might even have some fresh tomatoes our neighbor gave us weeks ago that were picked green but are wrapped in newspaper.

So............What are yall having?

• Like 3

We will be cooking a 14.89 lb Turkey that I purchased on Monday 

Chin.gifLet's see from our homestead:

Appetizers:

Eggs for Deviled eggs

Tomato puree and Horseradish to make cocktail sauce for dipping the shrimp

Main meal:

North Georgia Candy Roaster Squash

Sweet Corn

Broccoli

Potatoes 

Cabbage,  Carrots and onions for  Cole slaw

Desserts:

Apples for the apple pie

Long Island Cheese Pumpkin for the Pumpkin Pie

• Like 3

21' X 48' High Tunnel

Knox, NY

We are going out to eat with friends.....yay, no cooking for me!!!   I will be cooking the Christmas dinner  tho....bought a big ol FRESH turkey a few days ago for the freezer til then.

• Like 3

Smoked turkey, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, cornbread dressing, ms cream peas, (from garden), mashed potatoes, yeast rolls, Mac and cheese, homemade pecan pies, pumpkin pie, and homemade cream cheese pound cake.

• Like 4

Yeah, we will be having from the garden squash, radishes, lettuce, and tomatoes on Thanksgiving.  

• Like 1

From the garden, sweet potato casserole, onion, bell pepper and parsley in seasoning, fried okra, carrots, green beans, pepper jelly. Not the garden, but ground beef that I grind from roasts myself. I grind all my ground beef, that way I know what is in it not full of fat scraps and Lord knows what else, very lean.

Think that is all.

Edited by bigboberta
  • Like 3

Bob Guidry

Retired Fire Fighter

Easleyville, LA

Going to the In Laws to eat, bringing collards/kale boiled with garlic and onions.  Pink eye purple hulls with limas. Fuyu persimmon pie.. 

The collards, kale were picked this morning,-- garlic, PEPHs, were harvested this summer, and some of the Fuyu  were grown here, some bought, (young tree). Limas are "PicSweet". PicSweet was recommended a while ago on the old forum.