The Bayou Gardener Family
Sign in to follow this  
ol hippie

Push/Pull hoe

I try not to use a hoe no more than I have to. Been using it for 4 years now and it actually does a good job.

1C73F09F-1129-41F7-8C0B-F4292C384C77.jpeg

I'm with you hippie on not using a regular hoe. Now a days I use a Hook n Crook that I won at  the last Bayou Gardener gathering. That thing is used just like a push/pull hoe It really does a great job. I had a Hoss wheel hoe that I also won at a gathering a few years ago. It had a push/pull attachment along with some sweeps and even a seeder. I donated it back at the last gathering because I really didn't need it as my gardens are small and I figured someone else could put it to better use. Now we are both happy.

"gene"

Hey gene, check this out. I use the 3 plows that came with the wheel hoe,and the middle buster the most. But if you really want a workout, attach this and push a few rounds. 

A030A815-86E1-4D44-A631-D22997BE116E.jpeg

Nice thing I have found about the hooke n crooke it that you can easily hoe underneath drip tape due to the open side of the hoe.  Just put the blade underneath the drip tape and walk the bed.  

I got me a wire hoe from neversink and love it too.  I can easily hoe between closely planted rows like beets, carrots, and lettuce.  I always would get a plant or two with the sharp blade of the hooke n crooke.  Also the wire is not as sharp as the hooke n crooke and get right up to the plant stem.  

I don't mind hoeing.  I kind of actually like it.  Sure makes the garden look good.  May be some day the weed seed bank will be used up but doesn't seem like it will be anytime soon and then there is the damn grass.

• Like 1

I don’t guess I’ve ever seen a wire hoe. I just looked it up and watched couple videos.