The Bayou Gardener Family
Admin

Welcome BigSkyGardener

Hello BigSkyGardener,

Welcome to The Bayou Gardener Family. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

BigSkyGardener joined on the 12/01/19.

View Member

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PawPaw "gene" said:

Welcome Big Sky, any info from your part of the planet will be welcomed. We don't hear much about gardening up there.

"gene"

Not much industrial scale vegetable gardening going on up here. Mostly huge grain farms, and cattle ranches. There are more cows in Montana than people, which is nice. I like cows.

Most of the farmers that live around me don't grow anything that they can actually eat. Not even a small garden for themselves. They just buy everything at the grocery store.

Pretty sad when you have 6000 acres of land and would starve in 10 days if there were some major catastrophe. All that I talk too say it is to much work. Farming is pretty easy from the seat of the air-conditioned tractor or combine. Cattle are a different story. That takes a little more work.

It's okay though, I sell them fresh vegetables. I am the farmer's farmer.

BigSky....Glad you are veggie gardening....where there is a will there is a way!! Might be harder but sounds  like you get it done. Bravo!!

2 hours ago, Rabbitproof said:

BigSky....Glad you are veggie gardening....where there is a will there is a way!! Might be harder but sounds  like you get it done. Bravo!!

This helps!

mulchlayer.jpg

Edited by BigSkyGardener
Forgot file
  • Like 3