Bayou Gardener Family

Finally got er done!

Was blessed this weekend with an opportunity to take a really beautiful buck. 

Where I hunt, deer like this are few and far between.  I've got a few trail cam pics of him over the last couple years,  but he was like a ghost. 

He would only show up at night, and only during the rut.  I was lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time on Saturday when a big group of does caught his attention and drug  him out of his bed during daylight hours.  He was rutted down so bad, you could see his backbone and ribs.  I bet he was 30 or 40 lbs lighter than he was in that trail cam pic from earlier this year. 

(insert joke about chasing women being bad for you here... lol) 

big 8 2.jpg

big 8.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Yea, I'm super proud of this one.  I can't tell you how many hours I have sat in a tree thinking about this deer, but it's hundreds. 

I told myself I wasn't going to mount any more deer because it's gotten so expensive, but I just couldn't help myself on this guy.  Thankfully, my wife is understanding of these things... lol

• Like 1