The Bayou Gardener Family
Rajun Gardener

How true is this map?

I don't know how true it is, but many years when the weather of Feb 15 is nice and the weather man doesn't foresee any freezes,  I plant my snapbeans. Only one year did  I have them stunted but didn't need to replant.

"gene"

I don't know but I remember us having a frost in the beginning of March the last 2 years. 

• Like 2

You people are lucky.

Here is my map.mtlfd.png

• Haha 2

Disclaimer: All photographs uploaded here were taken for my own use. You do not see any weeds. It is you imagination.

2 hours ago, Jimmiec said:

I don't know but I remember us having a frost in the beginning of March the last 2 years. 

Yep, we always have a few between now and about March 15th, hopefully we don't this year so I can get busy.

Edited by Rajun Gardener

Ok, Ya'll,

I'm trying to keep up with the planting schedule this season!!!!!

I need to tackle my overgrown raised beds, my grass, and stay on the AT&T people who are coming to bury a cable.  With that said, I'd like to know when ya'll plant stuff, like, GREEN BEANS this early.  I'd usually plant them around the end of April, but, ya'll are going much sooner.  So, I have incentive to get that yard in shape.  As it is, I'll have to pull weeds from the raised beds, torch the surface to burn off dropped weed seeds, turn the soil over, and torch any remaining weeds that come up again.  That should put me right about mid-March to drop the Contender green bean and top pick purple hull pea seeds, yes?

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE you guys!!!!!

• Like 1

Chance of frost until mid March if I remember right here in central MS. Usually there is a cold snap around  Passover.. When I was little, we planted our garden on Good Friday- as far as seeds go but tomatoes and such  were started earlier in pots.