The Bayou Gardener Family
ol hippie

Finally started seed today

Got just a few tomato and pepper seeds started today. First time from seed. Not much to see compared to all of your pictures. 

548AD136-D28C-41D3-9B4F-3E4BBD5794FC.jpeg

• Like 5

Good for you!  I need to get off my can and do the same. I'm not motivated right now because it's so nasty but March will come and I'll be kicking myself for running late.

Good deal Ol Hippie. I need to get a few going myself. I'll pretend that my garden spot will be dry enough to work when its time to transplant. lol

Always feels good to bury some seeds. We started the superhot peppers and jalafuegos last night, most other things in a couple weeks.

Doesn't matter how much or little you start or if you buy em from the store. Is good to see people growing their own food.

I planted mine last week and was looking for some of them to start popping. Tuesday I started poking around in the soil looking for some sign of life but nothing. Some of the seed were a few seasons old and I thought they may have rotted.  Then all of a sudden bam, about 3/4 of them are up, just like that. I'm happy, happy, happy.

"gene"

• Like 2

Speaking of seed starting, where do farmer's buy those plug trays of seeds, and how much do they cost?  I'm particularly interested in how much a 72-cell flat of okra seedlings cost.

Thanks, in advance.

Here’s pictures of the tomatoes and peppers I planted Feb 6. What do they look like to y’all? I don’t know how big or tall they should be. 

C48FB615-F73C-4899-AEA0-3FE684A83D63.jpeg

EF400FD1-2ED2-4918-9E7B-66EC69782D79.jpeg

They look okay.

They are kinda leggy. Try to get the light down to almost touching them.

Disclaimer: All photographs uploaded here were taken for my own use. You do not see any weeds. It is you imagination.

I agree with BigSky moving your light source closer is what I would do!

21' X 48' High Tunnel

Knox, NY

Big Sky,  Your barometric pressure seems off.  Wouldn't 25.93 be a terribly low number? middle of a tornado?

Maggie I had the same problem with my plants, but I just couldn't move the sun any closer.  LOL (could not help myself)..