The Bayou Gardener Family
Cajun Hydroponics

Out of hibernation and working on the GHs

I there a reason that you are splitting into 3 separate greenhouses? Seems like it would increase the costs, with additional end walls, especially since you are growing the same thing in them.

Disclaimer: All photographs uploaded here were taken for my own use. You do not see any weeds. It is you imagination.

42 minutes ago, BigSkyGardener said:

I there a reason that you are splitting into 3 separate greenhouses? Seems like it would increase the costs, with additional end walls, especially since you are growing the same thing in them.

There sure is. The town wont let me put up anything over 500 sq foot without a wind rating.... 

The previous mayor said it was no issue and I didn't need a permit. Well it took me awhile to get the pad down and there is a new mayor now. 

Not only was it way more expensive it cost me 550 sq foot of growing area. Along with the cost of the plastic  witch was much cheaper in a 20 x 50 roll as opposed to a 55 x 70. 

I was really upset when I found out was about to start putting plastic. 

It's also the reason I have not completed it yet. 

Ah, I see. Did not consider the bureaucrat angle. You don't know you have to bribe them?

Kidding aside, are you building them so in the future after the next election, you can just put covering over the whole thing?

That is what I would do. I would also campaign for his opponent. Just run for the office yourself. Probably do a better job anyway.

Looks good so far.

Disclaimer: All photographs uploaded here were taken for my own use. You do not see any weeds. It is you imagination.

6 hours ago, BigSkyGardener said:

Ah, I see. Did not consider the bureaucrat angle. You don't know you have to bribe them?

Kidding aside, are you building them so in the future after the next election, you can just put covering over the whole thing?

That is what I would do. I would also campaign for his opponent. Just run for the office yourself. Probably do a better job anyway.

Looks good so far.

Haha with my job I cant run for office because of the time i am away from home. 

I could put the cover across the whole thing with very little work, but the law will not change from here on out. They are in bed with a new inspector and they gotta pay him somehow.  So the more laws they pass the more he works. 

Shame S$@t different day. Eroding our rights a little at a time. And telling everyone they know what's best. 

Another issues was that I am almost directly across for the town grocery. And "someone" called to complained about the front yard thing. Lol 

Most everyone knew what it was and they were excited to have fresh tomatoes year round. But that puts a dent in the grocery. 

Like always I will just do my thing and keep moving forward. By the time all the dragon fruit is all grown out and the raised beds are in. My place is gonna be a sight

• Like 3