Bayou Gardener Family

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2020 at 8:21 AM, ol hippie said:

Yep, up til about 5 years ago, a 12 gauge was all I had. Started out hunting deer with buckshot, years of dove shoots, ducks, bear protection in Alaska; probably part of reason my shoulder is like it is now. Ithaca pump. Lots of memories. Think I’m fixing to give it to my youngest grandson. 

My dad's 36 been shot so much the barrel swoops up, the old one from the 60s before vent ribs was a thing

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, ol hippie said:

Used the .22/410 on a small rattlesnake. It was nice having the choice between .22 or 410 to shoot. I was about to see if I could hit it with the .22 but then though why?

Why not both?

Maybe reload a few times.

• Like 2
Disclaimer: All photographs uploaded here were taken for my own use. You do not see any weeds. It is your imagination.

If I would have missed a few times with the .22, it would have made it to the woods. Then I wouldn’t be able to see it’s head. I figure if I missed a few times, it’s just as cheap with one shot from the 410. But can’t complain, that’s only one in yard so far this year. 

• Like 1

Uh oh !!     I'm sure he'll be fit to be tied when he reads this and sees he forgot to link it. It's a video that will make you gulp - MUST see !!.   I'm sure he'll check in  and link it.  I have a copy in case it's  been removed  so will anxiously wait on Mike  

Edited by bordercollie
spelling

Well Champs,

This appears to be a precise road map to how we got here today. More government control as folks just line up to obey the "Rulers" of the free world. This push for globalization gets nearer every day and our freedoms are less and less.

Earlier this year, I had a fellow from New Zealand in my home. He knew that I was a competitive shooter so we talked about that and guns. They have a large hunting populace down there and also their country has continued to vote towards a more liberal government every time. Then he hung his head and said that they have initiated a "buy back" program for their semi auto pistols and rifles. I asked him how much longer he thought he would be able to keep his bolt action guns he said that there is little doubts it will be very long. 

I am sure folks will line up in record numbers to be inoculated with the new vaccine for COVID and I wish them well. This deal is a long way from playing out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Want a real shocking,factual and in-depth listen today? Its long, but every person in the USA should be bound and gagged and made to listen to this guy....Hopefully, this country is going to be stunned on their asses to find out just how very damned corrupt this nation is...this is 4 hours, and is just the first part....It will take that long to connect the dots....go to around the 30 minute mark to start, right after he prays

Edited by 2010 National Champs
  • Like 2

Another small rattlesnake yesterday while cleaning up from the hurricane. This time only had .22 handgun and used two rounds of snake shot. But to be honest, I missed with 3 rounds before deciding I better use the snake shot. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't have a way to do pictures, but I bought my wife a neat little .20 gauge riot gun. Its not for hunting. Its easy for her than a .12 gauge because it has a pistol grip and not much over 3 feet long. The pump action is about 4 inches. Its going to kick the shit out of her if she ever has to use it,though. She knows her way around guns and used to be deadly with all types, so I am going to hold off letting her shoot it because it might make her gunshy her. I think the barrel is legal, but I won't swear to that

• Like 5

I have shoulder and neck issues. And a doctor that scolds me all along. The 410 is most I shoot nowadays far as recoil goes. Went out last week and bought a single shot turkey model. That’s what I been squirrel hunting with this week.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, 2010 National Champs said:

I bought my wife a neat little .20 gauge riot gun

Careful. There is a boating accident in your future.

• Like 3
Disclaimer: All photographs uploaded here were taken for my own use. You do not see any weeds. It is your imagination.

I really like the over/under. The .22 is pretty accurate and the 410 is plenty good for snakes. But the 410 being open bore, I was missing a lot of squirrels so I got the single shot turkey model 410 a couple weeks ago. Came with extra full choke and also a modified in box. Only missed one squirrel so far.

• Like 2

Champs,

There won’t be someone coming door to door to collect your guns. They will go to a single payer health insurance plan ( think Medicare for all) and then they’ll hold that and your social security checks hostage until you give up your semi autos to start with. Personally I think it’s already in the works. I hope I am wrong but there’s a group that doesn’t mind rigging an election so they sure don’t mind being underhanded in getting your guns. Look at how it’s happened in other countries. You can see the road map.