The Bayou Gardener Family
Hippie Willie

5 Stars on that Fried Chicken

Tonight's supper was Spaghetti with meatballs and fried chicken using @Rajun Gardener better than Popeye's fried chicken recipe. Must say, I'll never eat homemade fried chicken any other way. 

20200225_202116.jpg

20200225_191807.jpg

20200225_190728.jpg

IMG_0824.jpg

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

I was wondering if you had quit eating.

That looks tasty.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Disclaimer: All photographs uploaded here were taken for my own use. You do not see any weeds. It is you imagination.

That looks good !!I love fried Chicken and french fries too !!!

Edited by bordercollie
add
  • Like 2

Judy...I was ,for some reason, thinking of a big skillet of french fries, when I woke up this morning...must have been dreaming about them. The power of suggestion...think I will make some for supper. 

• Like 1

Haha Rabbitproof !!!   I meant to have some tonight as well but got the lazies and just warmed up some leftovers .  ( I'm the only one here  for supper )  Well maybe next time.  No matter how hard I try, fresh made fries just aren't as good as the bought par fried. I just have to do that pre fry next time next time. 😉 

• Like 1

Judy...I do like the frozen (pre fried?),too.   I don't do the twice fried method on my fresh cut potatoes...just a matter of always being either rushed  or tired (ha, maybe just  lazy!), or too ravenous at the time to fry them twice. I know that twice fry is the way to go,tho.  It does help to put them on a cookie sheet in the oven briefly post frying. Just don't forget them and let them get too dark like I did once. That time, Ole Miss was 1st  and goal on the 5 yd line, and my brain went out the window. Of course, they settled for a field goal and to add insult to injury my fries in the oven got way too dark!!😪

• Like 1

That just reassured me that even though we just purchased a Ninja Foodie, "fried" chicken is meant to be "Fried" and my cast skillets are still safe from retirement.

Thanks for the pictures.

• Like 3